The MTU will be hosting a provincial referee seminar with Taekwondo Canada!! This will be a good course for athletes, coaches and parents that wish to know the relevant changes and current applications as it applies to Sparring (Kyorugi).
This course was created and mandated by Taekwondo Canada and will be taught by Master Barb Marian – International Referee; WT America Kyorugi Referee Chair and the TKD Canada Referee Chair for Taekwondo Canada and facilitated by Charles Bennett, National Referee and NS Provincial Referee Chair.
Where: This course will be administered online via the Zoom App.
Please contact Charles Bennett to get the password and log in information.
Contact: Charles Bennett: MTU Provincial Referee Director
When: Saturday July 18, 2020 Times: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm;
Eligibility: 13 years of age;
Cost: Fee of $50.00 which will be paid by the MTU
Provincial Referee Certification Program Purpose:
1. To develop provincial referees and corner judges to fairly and accurately conduct Taekwondo games according
to the competition rules set out by World Taekwondo.
2. Provincial Certification will qualify Nova Scotia referees and corner judges to be prepared for and get the most
out of the National Level Referee Seminars.
3. To create three levels of Provincial Referees for incentive to improve upon their referee skills.
4. To educate athletes, coaches and parents regarding the rules and how they affect the game.
5. To create and associate P3 Referee designation for young referees who can, through the mentorship of the MTU and the referee association of Nova Scotia increase their knowledge and improve their skills to one day become a National Referee is so desired.
6. To standardize refereeing and corner judging in the Maritimes to keep contests fair and safe for the athletes.
Please fill out the documents below prior to Saturday's course:
Registration form and Agenda
Pre Course Assignment Questions